Breaking News

LOVE TRAIN: THE HEART OF A WOMAN


continues*
I spent few days at the hospital before returning to my house. The few days i spent there however brought many surprises, most especially from Lydia’s cousin {the agent} who made it a point of duty to check on me every morning and evening.
Of course i was surprised at his growing concern towards me, but accepted it with happiness. I needed all the love i could get to forget Kelvin and luckily he proved capable of filling the gap.
Nevertheless I liked him a lot and which woman wouldn’t, after such act of bravery and sacrifices he made for me.

Truly I respected and adorned him but never attached romantic feelings to it, because i felt his concern towards me was just nothing but a friendship gesture from a gentleman of honour. Did i say gentleman of honour? Hmmm, yea i did.
My friends equally weren’t blind to the way he treated me. In fact Lydia went far by revealing something that rose my blood pressure with excitement.
“hmmm my cousin is in love with you, oh and it’s such a good thing. It’s time he gets married. He’s getting too old for my liking” she whispered to me with a friendly smile, leaving me shaking my head with doubt.
“Can a man fall in love with a crooked, spoilt, egocentric lady like me?” I wondered.
“can a man who knew my terrible secrets fall genuinely in love me?” i asked myself over and over.
Surely love is a beautiful thing, but after the Kelvin saga i resigned myself to living like a man. I promised never to hope on any man, but instead build my future as a powerful lady enviable by all men. But Lydia’s revelation brought back the woman in me. The heart of a woman.
______
“you know you hardly call me by name. I prefer answering Julius than that formal title you always address me with” he {the good young agent} said to me as i was discharged from the hospital. I blushed like a little girl while Lydia and Chika laughed.
Returning home after the worst moment of my life was a dream come true. My friends threw a lavish party for me as if we were still teenagers. A ceremony that cheered me up a great deal.
Julius was equally present at the occasion. He kept following me with his eyes until he got a little chance to talk to me privately.
“hey can we go to the backyard?” he asked calmly, surprising me with such a question.
“sure of course” i nodded politely, held his hand and led him to the back of my compound, which really was wonderfully lit with colourful energy lamps.
The scenery was just beautiful and calm for two people to whisper together without any interruption.
“hmmm such a beautiful castle for a beautiful woman” he murmured, stopped, faced me and stared into my eyes. I nervously stared back at him. My heart throbbed wildly, eager to hear what he wanted to say.
It felt so good being out all alone with him. I felt so different, so humble and loyal. I was conquered by his spell.
It was just as if we were acting out a screen play, acting out the ending of Val’s Romance Vnovella …….
To be continued.

No comments

Feel free to share you opinion. Your feedback is always appreciated.

Take few seconds to share this post with friends/followers and take good care of yourself and your love one's.