Breaking News

LOVE TRAIN: THE HEART OF A WOMAN





Unfortunately things changed as soon as Kelvin returned to Abuja in January {the following year}.
His calls drastically reduced, leaving me with no choice than to be the one making all the calls. Yet whenever he answered, his voice lacked the normal affection and care. Of course i aired my fears to him, but he waved them off giving countless reasons for his change of atitude. Work stress, fatigue and so on.
I wasn’t convinced but swallowed my fears. I gave him the benefit of doubt thinking with time things would improve, but on the contrary it worsened. It really got to a stage when he began finding it difficult to answer my calls.
“please baby i’m in a meeting, i’m busy, i’ll call you later” soon became his pattern of answering me. Sometimes he called back in the middle of the night, most times he failed to keep his word.

I really wasn’t happy. I was broken and dejected. I began feeling his absence. I began getting lonely, i slowly slipped into total despair.
Then i got fed up. I couldn’t take his behaviour any-longer. I decided to sneak up on him which was very unladylike but necessary.
Thinking of it now, i blamed myself for totally surrendering to him and giving him all i had, even as he failed to introduce me to his family during the festive period we spent together. It really crossed my mind that period, but i kept my feelings to myself because it was his duty as a guy to bring up the topic, moreover i never saw it as an issue since we were engaged. I truly loved Kelvin with all my body and soul. The kind of love i had for him almost made me lose my mind.
I travelled to Abuja to see things for myself. To satisfy my curious mind and set my fears at rest. I knew Kelvin’s behaviour was out of the ordinary, but i never allowed my mind to believe that he could be cheating on me. The engagement ring on my finger was still a strong prove of his affection, I believed. Yet it never stopped my heart from pounding furiously as i got close to his apartment that fateful saturday.
One thing about love is that it never discriminates. It happens to everybody, both young and old. Once it happens, you are at the mercy of your inner-most feelings…… And When it crashes, it comes crashing down with a force more deadly than a plane crash that whatever remains of your heart thereafter will be as good as dead.
To be continued.

No comments

Feel free to share you opinion. Your feedback is always appreciated.

Take few seconds to share this post with friends/followers and take good care of yourself and your love one's.