Breaking News

LOVE TRAIN: THE HEART OF A WOMAN






Episode3
Early monday morning, i headed to the office with my hopes up. I just couldn’t wait to see the young photographer who captured my heart with a click.
I truly took great pains dressing up that fateful morning, making sure i looked as beautiful as ever. My heart kept throbbing as if i was having my first date. I couldn’t believe i was so blindly attracted to a mere photographer who wasn’t even my agemate.
By 10:50am, i was notified of his presence. My spirit lit up, leaving me with intense joy as i watched him walk into my office like a frightened school boy. I smiled politely, flashing him a very inviting look in the process while he quickly looked down as if he was embarrassed.

____
“good morning. I brought the pictures” he greeted. I nodded, offered him a seat and took the pictures, quickly going through them.
His work was very adorable and It made me more pleased with him.
{I do admire people who are good with what they do}.
“you know, i was expecting your call. You never called to tell me that you were bringing the pictures” i said calmly. He quickly shrugged with a shoulder.
“i’m very sorry. I just didn’t want to bother you with such a little thing. I felt it was better showing up without disturbing you with a phone call” he explained apologetically.
“it’s okay. Your work is very superb. Seems like you have been doing this for years” i said with a smile. He breathed deeply and smiled with me.
“not really, i started the job few months ago after tirelessly searching for a job” he explained while i stared at him curiously. A bit lost over his last comment.
“actually i’m a graduate of Imsu, graduated three years ago. It’s now a year and some months after Nysc yet i havn’t been fortunate to get a job. I had to look for a means to survive” he explained humourously, but i didn’t find the revelation funny. Instead i was deeply touched.
“so which course did you study?” i asked,
“Economics” he answered,
“hmmm that’s good” i murmured as i stared at him searchingly. I truly was impressed to discover he was a graduate.
“so are you making a lot from photography?” i asked curiously. He shrugged and said nothing.
“will you like to work in a hotel?” i asked, even though there really wasn’t any vacant position for him. But instead of answering, he stared at me curiously.
“as the assistant cashier” i added with a nod. His eyes quickly lit up with excitement.
“of course ma, if you find me worthy” he said happily,
“fine. Early tomorrow come in with your C.V” I concluded. He couldn’t believe himself and it showed by the excitement in him. He thanked me a hundred times over.
“so how much for the pictures?” i asked,
“don’t bother about the pictures madam. Just have them” he said happily but i refused and gave him five thousand Naira which he hesitantly collected before leaving.
Deep down I was very excited to have him working for me. It was the only way to have him close and i cashed on it.
Surprisingly I felt like a young female teenager who just got her first boyfriend.
To be continued.

No comments

Feel free to share you opinion. Your feedback is always appreciated.

Take few seconds to share this post with friends/followers and take good care of yourself and your love one's.