Breaking News

Met This Pregnant Lagos Keke Driver (Photo)


It was a surprising sight to behold a heavily pregnant woman, Mrs, Olayinka Adeyemo working as a tricycle (keke) rider in Lagos.
Have You Met This Pregnant Lagos Keke Driver? (Photo)
Mrs Olayinka Adeyemo
According to Storried, the first time you meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo in her tricycle (keke), what quickly runs through your mind is, how does this woman cope in a business exclusively reserved for men by society? It is widely known that Lagos is known for rough drivers who break all traffic
rules at will especially when ‘keke’ riders are added to the list
However, Mrs Adeyemo has put aside all these, and has shown that what a man can do, a woman can do way better….actually not just a woman, but a pregnant woman! The pregnant keke woman made it known that she is a graduate and it was all in a bid to make ends meet and not stay idle that she took up the tricycle business. Read excerpts from the interview below:
Please madam, how did you get into this keke (tricycle) business?
“My brother, I’m a graduate, but rather than stay idle coupled with the responsibility of taking care of my young family, a friend of mine encouraged me to take-up this business. First, I got this tricycle through a hire-purchase arrangement from this friend, but now it’s mine because I’m done with paying up the cost of the tricycle.”
How does it feel operating in a man’s world?

I don’t feel any different. I’m working and the men are working too. The difference is that I get more considerations from bus-stop touts who milk us of our earnings because I’m a woman, and when they see my protruding tummy, they just let me be.

No comments

Feel free to share you opinion. Your feedback is always appreciated.

Take few seconds to share this post with friends/followers and take good care of yourself and your love one's.