Breaking News

Arik Air Staff Stole Our Jewellery & Headphones, What should we do?

I was actually suffing the internet for
latest updates to feed you guys this
evening and i stumbled upon this mess
on Nairaland as a customer of Popular
Airline In Nigeria was forced voice out
on the forum that a staff of the airline
stole his wife's jewellries and his
personal Beat by Dre headphones.
What Do You Think He Should Do? Or
Who To Report To? The man wrote as
thus: ..Read below: I evetually screen
grabbed the man's post. see it below
too!
I'm really very pissed with Arik Air right
now so I might not sound coherent!
My family came to the US for Christmas
and returned on the 18th Jan 2014
from JFK. Trip started from Detroit with
Delta Airlines on the 17th. Bags (two
pieces) were checked at the
International Drop-off and were
supposed to be sent all the way to
Lagos by Arik. They did not! They left
the bags at JFK for three days at least.
After so many calls and a mail to their
customer service which is nothing to
write home about, they finally sent the
bags to Lagos Friday 24th and
requested authority letter from my wife
to enable them open the bags
supposedly to clear customs and
NDLEA before sending them on to
Kaduna.
Bags got to Kaduna today 28th and my
headphones and my wife's jeweleries
(Christmas presents to her, My
Wedding Anniversary presents to her,
gifts for my mum and hers, etc) which
were put in my headphones case for
protection had gone missing! The box
(carton) in which the headphones came
were still in the bags!
My wife has given up but I think there
should be a way to make the airline
return the items or pay for them. I
worked very hard to get the money for
them.
Who has had an experience like this
and what did you do? Did you ever get
your stuff back? How did you handle it.

No comments

Feel free to share you opinion. Your feedback is always appreciated.

Take few seconds to share this post with friends/followers and take good care of yourself and your love one's.